Careers at The Cake Parlour
EXPERIENCED PASTRY/CAKE CHEF who can decorate cakes for all occasions needed. The successful applicant will have experience in commercial cake decorating within a busy kitchen and be enthusiastic, dynamic and demonstrate team player attitude.
Pay dependent on experience, Candidates must be hard working, flexible and have a passion for all things cake. Part /full time positions available for immediate start.
The Candidate must have
- Passionate and creative
- Previous experience as a Cake Decorator/Baker, preparing and baking of cakes and confectioneries and producing and covering cakes to a professional level.
- Baking- levelling/splitting/filling/stacking/covering cakes
- Advanced sugar modelling, sugar flowers and royal icing skills and experience.
- Wedding cake decorating experience, including marking, branding and stencilling by hand
- Experience in carving/sculpting bespoke cakes
- Experience of working with ganache & sharp edges
- Icing cupcakes, macaroons, cake pops, cookies etc
- Decorating and developing new and existing products
- Training other team members on the skills
- Being aware of current market trends
- Knowledge of food safety, Health & Hygiene
Please note that an in-depth knowledge of cake production, baking and decorating with a technical understanding of processing ingredients would be an advantage. Professional qualifications are not necessary but could be an advantage. Good PC skills including email, and photo shop would be an advantage.
Job Location: Wimbledon Park, SW19
For more info, please call The Cake Parlour on 0161 833 0181 or send your updated CV and pictures of your work/portfolio (show a Wedding cake, a sugar flower, novelty cake with sugar modelling) to firstname.lastname@example.org
You will be asked for samples of your previous work and the interview will include a practical session.
We are looking for more new talented and passionate staff to join our team. If you are creative, driven, and enthusiastic about working The Cake Parlour could be for you. We are a small dedicated team where you can learn, grow and provide creative input. We love what we do and we’re hoping to find someone who shares our enthusiasm for Cake Decorating. If that sounds like you, then we’d love to hear from you.
Please send your CV with a cover letter to email@example.com. It would also be a good idea to send a portfolio of your cakes.
We also currently have internship positions as well as cake decorating jobs throughout the year. They are between 20 – 40 hours a week (unpaid, full or part time). Individuals require prior experience or training in either Pastry or Cake Decorating.
As an intern at The Cake Parlour you will have the opportunity to be involved in every aspect under the direct supervision of Zoe and the kitchen manager. This is an excellent opportunity to gain top level experience and participation in the creation of our award-winning wedding cakes.
We are always looking for more new talented and passionate staff to join our team. If you are creative, driven, and enthusiastic about working on a small dedicated team where you can learn, grow and provide creative input, a position at The Cake Parlour could be for you. We love what we do and we’re hoping to find someone who shares our enthusiasm for Cake Decorating. If that sounds like you, then we’d love to hear from you.
Please send your CV together with a cover letter and portfolio of your cakes to firstname.lastname@example.org.